Scissor Success (PDF Course to teach kids how to use scissors)
Teaching a child how to use scissors doesn't have to be stressful and can be so much fun with the right approach, even for kids who struggle with fine motor skills.
Learn all of my tried and proven OT tips and tricks for teaching scissor skills!
This printable pdf course takes you through 7 simple lessons to take your child from not ever picking up scissors through all of the steps to mastering cutting complex shapes. Learning how to use scissors is a skill that all children will need when entering the kindergarten classroom environment.
- Proper Scissor Posture
- Improving Hand Strength & Dexterity
- Better Proximal Stability
- Promoting Bilateral Coordination
- Tips for Motor Control & Pacing
- Choosing the Right Tools
- Scissor Practice A to Z
And there are lots of bonuses too...
- Training videos
- Printable practice activities
- Links to the best scissors choices